PC Meeting Notes from March 6th, 2019
Barberton High School 9am – 11am
- 49 secondary submissions this year. Higher number than other regions.
- 452 submissions so far.
- CTPD approval is due by March 15th – please get them done as soon as possible.
- There is no notification of approval sent out. Need to check on your own in the system.
- Workshop attendance is strongly encouraged. Please do not wait until the last week/minute to submit or ask for help.
Success Bound 2.0
- 191 attendees, 16 no-shows.
- 17 attendees still need to pay. Send a check to University of Akron.
- Feedback was overall positive.
- We are still waiting on the evaluations.
- PowerPoint presentations will be posted to website.
- One of the student speakers received a paid summer internship from a business present at the Conference.
Dr. Patrick O’Connor – Career Tech Teacher Ed
- Provided packets of information for those in attendance.
- Covered changes in getting CTE teachers licensed. New CTE37 will be available soon.
- Online programs, tuition scholarships, new performance-based assessment, CBI endorsement, 4 year licenses, new two year process, Trauma Training, and Methods Class schedules were all discussed.
- March 7th, 2019 – Perkins V Meeting – Mentor Schools Paradigm (Behind Mentor High School) 9am-3pm
- March 13th-15th – OCTA Spring Conference
- May 6th-10th – In Demand Jobs Week
- May 22nd – Partnership Council Meeting 9am-10:30am at Barberton High School
NERC Partnership Council Meeting
September 26, 2018, 9:00-11:00 am
Barberton High School
Introductions were made as there were many first time attendees at this meeting.
A Power Point presentation was shared, which gave a brief history and CTE-26 information, Success Bound, and New Skills for Youth goals.
The data from the FY18 Annual Report was shared and will be posted on the website along with the handouts from this meeting.
Many announcements were made along with sharing the FY19 Calendar of events.
Discussion ensued regarding suggestions for collaboration to build the Northeast regional workforce group.
A suggestion was made to create a single document for the schools showing articulation agreements available at each of the eight post-secondary partners.
Cassie Palsgrove, from ODE, will be at the next PC meeting on January 9th to discuss Success Bound and New Skills for Youth in depth with a particular focus on work-based learning for all students.
PC Meeting Handouts:
Regional Partnership Council Meeting, November 2, 2017, Portage Lakes Career Center
Click “Regional Center PowerPoint” to download
Click “Blank Courses Form” to download
Click “CCP & CTE Workshop, December 12, 2017 Flyer” to download